Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Xobni is Inbox - spelled backwards


As a project manager, communications makes up a huge portion of my work and like it or not the bulk of that communications happens through emails.

Considering I am spending quantifiable hours every day working with Microsoft Outlook, I was always looking for optimizing my time spent with MS Outlook and about six months back I came across Xobni. Xobni is email add-in for outlook and one of the latest additions in my project management toolkit. This small plug-in has made Outlook much faster and more useful.

This add-in makes Outlook inbox fun to use, adds instant news ways to how you view people, lets you extract phone numbers, pictures and tells you upfront at what time of day, your mail buddies are more responsive to emails. And guess what? It’s free.

The latest feature addition in social networking space is Xobni’s integration with Yahoo Mail – Now you can search your personal emails in Yahoo mail. If the person has a profile on the business-oriented LinkedIn social-networking service, the Xobni panel can display his or her job title, employer, and a photo from LinkedIn.

Xobni plugin sidebar in Microsoft Outlook has three sections - The first one shows the person's email "network" -- a list of everyone that person has placed in the "To" or "Cc" fields of emails you've exchanged. The next section is called "Conversations" and displays the entire threads of all the email exchanges you've had with the profiled person. Finally, there's a section listing all the files you have exchanged as attachments with the profiled person.

Folks, believe me this program has made managing my emails faster, smoother and simpler.  Check the demo below or go to http://www.xobni.com/ to download the add-in.







If you know more such tools/programs that can make life easy for project management professionals, drop me a note or leave me a comments below.

image courtesy: xobni

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . It's my turf! - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger