Friday, December 24, 2010

Role change - You get a new avatar. Now what?

Role change @job is probably the most awaited thing for any employee who has put in his mind, heart and soul to meet his targets. So it was for me few weeks back till I received a C&B letter mentioning my new job role. I was all excited about it till my wild imagination got entangled with the phrase “Get ready for the greater accountability”. Once again it is time for me to re-calibrate myself to ensure I live up to my new responsibilities. A time when


a) Upgrading skills is a must –Suddenly your smooth sailing ship reaches uncharted waters that need new maneuvers at the blink of an eye. To keep your skills with the new job demand, figure out trainings that can get you there. Put yourself into learning as fast as you can. A swift upgrade of your skills will boost your credibility and go a long way toward improving your overall professional image on paper.


b) Getting a mentor – Is a must for the professionals who are adjusting themselves to the “challenges of the reward”. If you know somebody inside your company who has already traversed this path and is willing to help, you can make your upward transition really smooth else make sure you search for one outside your company.


c) You should work harder than you need to – It takes extra effort when you start learning a new game. Make sure you put your best foot forward and everyone notices the hard work you are putting in the initial few months. Keep your enthusiasm high and ensure that it speaks for you every time.

When you have mentor in place, you are spending time to upgrade your skills and working hard to leave everyone impressed, it won’t be long before you realize you have paced yourself to the new responsibilities without any increased stress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . It's my turf! - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger